[NCLUG] Linksys WRT54GL for $48 at newegg

Brian Wood bwood at beww.org
Fri Aug 7 09:27:18 MDT 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 15:11:26 Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:
> On Thursday,2009-08-06, at 14:48 , Jamie Leben wrote:
> > pretty good price for a DDWRT or Tomato compatible router:
> > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124190
>
> I was considering buying a new one of these since the two that I own
> are flakey.  Then I thought "Wait a minute.  Maybe if I buy a
> *different* model then it won't be flakey!".  Anybody have any
> recommendations of reliable wireless routers (on which I can install
> my own firmware e.g. OpenWRT of course) which *isn't* a Linksys
> wrt54gl ?

I have heard good things about the Trendnet units, though I have not tried one
myself.

The Netgear WGR-614 is a nice unit as well. The KWGR-614 was intended for open
source developers in fact.

Sean posted a link to supported devices, and it is quite extensive:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

--
Brian Wood
bwood at beww.org