[NCLUG] Contributors to OSS after getting paid...

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Dec 9 06:16:51 MST 2009

At the presentation last night, Stormy questioned whether Summer of Code
participants (and other developers) continue to contribute after they stop
getting paid for it.

I've just been doing a bit of a retrospective of my use of ZFS-FUSE, which
was a SoC project, and I just realized that one of the things I was worried
about 18 months ago when I started testing it was whether it was going to
be abandoned.  However, on the contrary, it has continued to be quite
actively maintained.  Though, stable releases have been few and far
between...  Fixes to peoples problems have been going into the repository
regularly.

Thanks for the presentation last night, Stormy.

 "Action...  Romance...  Welding...  That movie has everything."
                 -- Evelyn Mitchell speaking about _Subway_, 1998