[NCLUG] Question: Fedora 12 Kickstart Wierdness

Marcio Luis Teixeira marciot at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 22 11:00:16 MST 2009

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried changing the order of the commands, as Kyle had suggested, and nothing changed. I'll also mention that initially I started out with partition entries that were saved in "anaconda_ks.cfg", and those too did not work. In fact, it immediately complained about the order of the lines, forcing me to reorder some of the lines (which is why "clearpart" ended up in the middle, because I moved the "part" lines to the top to resolve an undefined partition error).

So it's fairly clear to me that the kickstart config file Anaconda writes out is not a kickstart file Anaconda can properly read. Which is frustrating. I had similar problems loading the kickstart into the "system-configure-kickstart" applet and it was even more likely to crash than Anaconda. All in all, the kickstarting tools seem to be somewhat buggy and erratic.

It's clear at this point that it's more than just me doing something stupid. This is probably a real bug. I'll post my inquiry to the kickstart mailing list that was mentioned here and see what they have to say about it.

Thanks to everyone for helping me triage this problem,

-- Marcio