[NCLUG] Need help with ether md raid or possibly ext4 corrupted group descriptors

Mike Jensen jent at afkfoo.com
Sat Jan 31 16:13:36 MST 2009

I did not think I needed a super block because it should use the ones that
existed from the current array.  I thought --create was to create a new
array, and overwrite the superblocks thus forgetting the previous raid
configuration.

I think the reason the rescue cd could not find and mount the array is
because /etc/mdadm.conf was contained on the array, so it could not
remember how to rebuild the previous configuration.  If I told it to mount
the drives it would say "no linux partitions found".

Needless to say, I just decided to format.  I need my computer, and my
backups have everything that is really that critical to me.  Just a pain
:-(

Thanks for your guys help.  If you have any more ideas as to what caused
this problem, or notes for the future in how I maybe could have solved it
I would still love to hear them.
cheers,
Mike Jensen
jent at afkfoo.com