[NCLUG] Need help with ether md raid or possibly ext4 corrupted group descriptors

Mike Jensen jent at afkfoo.com
Sat Jan 31 23:49:03 MST 2009

Thank you that is all very valuable information.

I had forgot to neglect that I tried --assemble (mdadm --assemble /dev/md0
/dev/sda2 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1....I thought it should maybe be mdadm
--assemble /dev/md0 only but it complained about being unaware of that
raid, I think assemble may require the mdadm.conf??).  But it did not
work, I believe it gave an error like "no raid devices found" or something
similar.  But I did not understand why because the output of the --examine
for each raid partition that was supplied in the command (and with the
output supplied in the first email), it all seemed correctly to me.

Please correct me if I am miss understanding anything.  I definitely want
to have a better understanding for the future.  Thanks for your
time/effort.  Honestly I wonder if I may have found some bug,possibly
related to ext4.  But I can't be certain enough as I am also currently
over clocking my computer and am not 100% confident in my stability.

cheers,
Mike Jensen
jent at afkfoo.com