[NCLUG] RAID-1 and disk speed

DJ Eshelman djsbignews at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:46:39 MDT 2009

If I'm not mistaken, Hardware RAID-1 is typically weakest-wins
configuration.  You'll never see the benefit of the SSD, in other words.
Software RAID, however- I'm not sure, I suppose it would depend on if
you can specify a primary and secondary member.

If you're that concerned about overall failure, perhaps having a good
install image and a data backup would be a wiser solution?

I can't speak to reliability period.  I treat every disk as if it's
going to fail tomorrow :)

-DJ