[NCLUG] Netbook

Goodman,Darrin Darrin.Goodman at ColoState.EDU
Thu Sep 24 09:04:18 MDT 2009

Sean, if it has not already been sold, I'll take it!

-Darrin
970.556.3719

-----Original Message-----
From: nclug-bounces at nclug.org [mailto:nclug-bounces at nclug.org] On Behalf Of Sean Reifschneider
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 9:18 PM
To: Northern Colorado Linux Users Group
Subject: Re: [NCLUG] Netbook

On 09/23/2009 02:00 PM, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:
> Says here 256 MB RAM, 256 MB NAND, 8 GB SD card.  Maybe they upgraded
> the specs since you checked.

Could be.  It still feels like that could take some work to get a good combination to run e-mail and browsing in -- might have to not use Thunderbird and Firefox...  Not sure.

On another front, I ended up ordering a new Netbook today.  So, I have a fairly lightly-used Eee 901 in black that I'd be willing to sell for, say $175.  Used for little more than about a month, related a trip I took earlier in the year.  It has the extended battery which gives it around 5 hours of runtime with Ubuntu on it.

It doesn't have an OS on it, but I can put back the original software that came with it -- that funky Linux distro.  It's got the 20GB solid state drive -- 4GB and 16GB, I think it has 1GB of RAM, whatever...

Sean Reifschneider, Member of Technical Staff <jafo at tummy.com> tummy.com, ltd. - Linux Consulting since 1995: Ask me about High Availability