[NCLUG] Image Crop Tool?

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Tue Apr 6 20:17:45 MDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 07:14:39PM -0600, Mike Loseke wrote:
> I've always used 'xv' for this but support for packaging it seems to have
> waned in the past few years.  I do need to find a new one myself.

Isn't XV actually shareware?

Does the software have to be pretty?  XPaint is both ugly and functional.
It's also fairly lightweight.  I don't know how it really compares to
stuff like paint.net (however that's supposed to be capitalized), but it
seems like an obvious, intuitive assumption that anything relying on a
Mono or .NET framework is probably a good deal heftier (once all
dependencies are factored in, at least) than XPaint.  It's also GPL,
which (to me at least) isn't ideal, but it's a darned sight better than
shareware, freeware, or just plain ol' payware.