[NCLUG] Image Crop Tool?

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Wed Apr 7 15:17:35 MDT 2010

Rob Elsner wrote:
> probably hit send too quickly since this is a linux list.  But paint.net is
> good, maybe krita is small enough?
> Or paint.mono

Hmm... paint.net seems attached to a lot of baggage.  Paint.mono is
similar.  Neither of those seem to meet the needs.

But 'krita' works acceptably well!  It is attached to a lot of KDE
library baggage.  But not unacceptably so.  In a KDE environment you
would never notice it because you would already have them installed.
(Of course I am targetting a GNOME environment but I didn't mention
that in the request.  But works there fine anyway.)  Krita is a lot
prettier than xpaint.  I think they would like it better because it is
prettier.  It actually doesn't do the cropping in as nice of a work
flow as xpaint does.  But it does do it.  And it is prettier.

Bob