[NCLUG] Trying to check ThinkPad support for Linux

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sun Apr 25 09:43:30 MDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 12:00:42PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:

> Vim?  What is that?  (He says while typing in this reply in Emacs. :-)
> [Of course emacs has windows split horizontally or vertically too.]

EMACS?  Eight-hundred Megabytes And Constantly Swapping?
Esc-Meta-Alt-Ctrl-Shift?  Do you mean the text editor whose co-creator
and primary developer for decades developed crippling RSI for a while so
he could no longer do any software development?

Yeah, I've never heard of it (he says, while typing his reply in Vim).

> It would enhance that page if you could include an image of what the
> setup in Vim looks like with the split screens.  A desktop screenshot.
> Because I am curious what it would look like.  Sounds nice.  But I am
> unlikely to install it and then configure it just to take a peek.  Of
> course I could just ask for a demo next time we happen across each
> other...

I was thinking the same thing; screenshots are nice sometimes.