[NCLUG] Google gigabit networking bid for Fort Collins.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Mar 19 21:32:39 MDT 2010

For those of you who haven't seen it, Fort Collins has made a bid for Google's
gigabit fiber:

   http://www.fcgov.com/news/?id=3164

   Subject: Fort Collins to Make Bid for Google's High-Speed Broadband Project

Including a link to go to for providing public opinion about why they should
select our community:

   http://www.google.com/appserve/fiberrfi/public/options

I'd urge you folks to go there if you're at all interested in having an open,
high speed network deployed here.  I'm also going to contact the CIO listed in
that article and see if there are any other opportunities that perhaps a group
of local Linux users could help make a reality.  :-)