[NCLUG] Home Linux experience on a resume

Brendan Long korin43 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 23:50:18 MDT 2010

My problem is I just don't know where to put it. Resumes seem to have a
bunch of rules I don't understand. I heard from a lot of people to
"imagine what you would think if you were the one hiring someone", but
if I was hiring someone I wouldn't care about this "always use one page"
and "the sections should be 'Objectives', 'Experience' and 'Education',
in that order" stuff..

Right now my plan is a "skills" section, with no explanation of how I
did it. Someone else suggested "Projects", which I might use for
contributions to open source projects.

I wish the online applications would just have a section like "Select
each technology that you consider yourself to be good at" "Now select
everything you have used before that you didn't select previously".