[NCLUG] 1GB PC3200 DDR Memory?

Brian Wood bwood at beww.org
Sat Mar 27 16:24:22 MDT 2010

On Saturday 27 March 2010 15:44:53 Rob Elsner wrote:
> Good windy afternoon,
>
> Does any one have 1..3 1GB sticks of DDR PC3200 or 2700 lying around
> they'd be willing to part with?  Barter/trade, or less than NewEgg's
> $35/ea.

Bet it's more windy here (Wyoming).

While I have some such RAM, I want to keep it, as I have many AMD CPUs and
mobos of the vintage that uses it.

You might try:

http://www.geeks.com

I have bought RAM (and other things) from them and have never had a problem.

The problem is, they don't seem much cheaper than N/E, but keep an eye on
their site, they often run sales and specials.

I think the problem is that most new machines being made today don't use that
RAM, and therefore it's expensive, just like non-DDR SDRAM or RDRAM.

You might also try phoning Tatooine Electronics, a surplus outfit just east of
Cheyenne. They often have older RAM, CPUs and the like.

(307)-632-0054

(don't see an email address on their site)

If they don't want to ship, I could pick it up for you, I get to Fort Collins
and/or Loveland once or twice a week.