[NCLUG] Free to a Good Linux Home: Voip Phones

Kyle Anderson kyle at xkyle.com
Mon May 10 13:29:20 MDT 2010

NCLUGers,

I'm reducing the number of "things" I have.

I have a pair of Polycom IP 500's in working order:
http://xkyle.com/other/polycom.jpg

Both have handsets and speakerphone. They need POE, I don't have
injectors to give away. (so you have to have a POE device or make one:
http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Power-Over-Ethernet-POE-Adapter-For-Rou/
)

I have config files / tfpt stuff / firmware / manuals / etc if you
need a jumpstart it making it work. I even have Asterisk SIP config
stuff to make it work too. Pair it up with Gizmo5 and Google voice
like I do and you have a nice cheap/free "landline".

I'm giving them away for free because I'm not using them, and I will
likely not use them, and I don't like waste. I want someone else to
get them, unwrap them like it is christmas and have their own
adventure in linux.

It is ok if you just want one, I'm sure someone else will take the
other, then you can call each other! :)

Kyle