[NCLUG] Teaching dhclient to lie.

Michael Milligan milli at acmeps.com
Sat Oct 9 13:15:57 MDT 2010

It is next-to-trivial to setup a DHCP server on one of your in-house
Linux box(es) and turn off DHCP on the router.  That would be a much
better way to go and avoid a whole raft of problems you are opening
yourself up to with your script, given that you can't upgrade firmware
on the wireless box to support what you need.  You then have full
control over what clients get what addresses and can configure DHCP
manual IP assignments, as Brian pointed out, by using host {}
statements.  All without having to touch default client configurations,
which of course, is the whole point of having DHCP.

Regards,
Mike