[NCLUG] Carputer Monitor ???

Brian Wood bwood at beww.org
Sat Oct 16 13:46:34 MDT 2010

On Saturday, October 16, 2010 01:25:28 pm Rob Elsner wrote:
> It's cheap, might be worth getting one just to see what LCD panel it
> uses.  You can find drivers for a lot of panels, so it'd be something
> to check out.  I would junk the NTSC/PAL conversion, those tend to
> perform poorly.
>
> I tried finding specs on their site http://www.pyleaudio.com but it's
> pretty useless.  Maybe an email to their support to find the LCD panel
> model?

I already sent such a mail, if I learn anything useful I'll post it here.

I sent to both sales and support.

I have friends in NYC, maybe I can get someone to pop out to Brooklyn and ask questions.

> You might also consider finding a used/broken laptop (with screen in
> tact) on craigslist or something, and building your own bezel.  I
> can't imagine it'd be terrible to do.

Good thought, I have some older laptops in the garage, but some of them are old enough to have DSTN screens, so I'll see
if I can find something a little newer.

Thanks for your input.