[NCLUG] Thanks for the Code Retreat

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Dec 4 15:03:28 MST 2011

I just wanted to send out a message saying thanks to Bill Tucker and Matt
Rose, and of course Prakash Murthy, for the Code Retreat yesterday.
Despite starting at the undogly hour of 8:30am, it was an extremely
entertaining event.

The event, in short, went like this: you would pair up, and then spend 45
minutes writing some code, as if you had all the time in the world.  Things
like writing tests, which maybe you don't have time to do in your "day
job".  After 45 minutes, you delete the code you were working on, and stand
up and discuss how things went as a group.  Then repeat 6 times or so, with
a break in the middle for lunch.

It was a great event!

Thanks again to everyone who participated, those who put up with being
paired with me, and especially to Bill and Matt for facilitating the event.