[NCLUG] Hello!

John Nemes jnemes23 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 08:31:04 MST 2011

Hello all!  Please be gentle with me if I make any etiquette mistakes on
this list as I am a noob.

My name is John and I just moved to Fort Collins in January.  I have
recently installed OpenSuse 11.3 as my only OS.  My problem is that
fixing all of the bugs and learning the system is eating up a lot of my
time as I am a student at CSU right now.

I am looking for tips on how to get fast help when dealing with issues.
Are there any OpenSuse gurus out there?  I have posted questions to the
Opensuse forums and haven't gotten replies.

I don't want to uninstall Linux, but the issue is that if I can't get
any work done because I can't fix the bugs, the OS is useless.  I really
hate the idea of going back to Microsoft!

Any advice is appreciated!  I am sure at least a few people have felt
like giving up on Linux and are glad they stuck it out.  Would love to
hear from them.

Best,
John