[NCLUG] My i3 config.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jun 20 16:33:07 MDT 2011

Attached is the i3 configuration file I'm using, from ~/.i3/config.  The
things you'll have to change are in the last few lines, the first loads my
KDE startup script which does things like makes my middle mouse-button plus
trackpoint send scroll events, enabling "unclutter", etc...  The second
brings up the time and date, and is based on the size of my screen.

This config file uses the "Windows" button for the modifier, so things like
Windows+Enter will create terminals, Windows+h/j/k/l will focus windows,
Windows+Shift+h/j/k/l will move windows, etc...  Windows+Escape gets into
"command" mode, where h/j/k/l focus, Shift+h/j/k/l will move, etc...
Escape again will go back to normal mode.

This is my "nod" towards a "vi" window manager, but also because for some
reason I can't get Windows+Control sequences to work outside of command
mode...

Sean