[NCLUG] Debian wireless broken

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sun Mar 6 14:23:48 MST 2011

On Sat, Mar 05, 2011 at 08:48:59PM -0700, Rob Elsner wrote:
> Anything silly in the kernel messages?

I eventually did some drastic "rip stuff out of the system and try
sticking it back in with default configs" stuff, and I can get it to
connect with NetworkManager now.  I'm rather annoyed that NetworkManager
is the only way I can connect, though; I used to be able to just go
directly to the config files on Debian to make things work.  I'm resolved
for now to just playing along with this nonsense so I can get some work
done.

Anyway . . . I didn't notice anything silly in the kernel messages that
shed any light on this back when I was trying to fix it.  Unless someone
has some brilliant piece of information to offer to explain how all this
happened, I don't think I'm going to worry about it at this time.