[NCLUG] linux laptop

John Gilmore j.arthur.gilmore at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 10:16:27 MDT 2011

Software encryption on Debian was very easy to set up. Just select
"encrypted LVM" from the partitioning menu during setup and type in the new
passphrase when prompted... Ubuntu is derived from debian, so why would LVM
setup be *more* difficult on ubuntu?

Managing it later has proven to be a bit more difficult, but not
unreasonably so. "cryptsetup" is the command used to add/remove passphrases
and such. I don't know of a gui interface, haven't looked for one.