[NCLUG] A laptop computer

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Apr 3 14:28:30 MDT 2012

On 03/26/2012 12:33 AM, Michael Milligan wrote:
> On 03/22/2012 06:24 AM, Kerry Miller wrote:
>> I am in the market for a new laptop computer.  I have been told by a
>> couple technicians that ASUS makes the best laptop computer.  I have

I have a friend with an ASUS and I believe he's said that he's not that
happy with it, largely because of the touchpad.  I'm surprised he hasn't
chimed in on this though...

> Hard to beat a Macbook Pro if you've got the $$.  And they run Linux
> (dual- or even triple-boot) just fine with a couple additional drivers.

I have another friend with a Macbook Pro that has told me that the hardware
in there is not as standard as generic hardware, so supporting it is not as
easy as it could be, so it's not so great for running Linux on.  He runs
Linux under a virtual machine in OSX rather than native.