[NCLUG] Computer parts for sale: Athlon dual-core 3GHz + MoBo + RAM and more...

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Apr 30 12:14:54 MDT 2012

I have a bunch of computer components I'm looking to sell.  More details
below, but here's an overview:

   Several: Dual core Athlon 3GHz CPU + 2GB RAM + Mobo
   Three core Athlon 2.9GHz CPU + 4GB RAM complete system.
   Power supplies.
   AMD Radeon HD5870 video cards.

In general, these components come in their original packaging, except for
the CPUs and RAM which are installed in the motherboards.  In most cases
the accessories are all sealed and included.

I'm open to offers, but am aware of how much they are going for on ebay.
:-)

Oh, also note that these are machines I own personally, so I can't take a
credit card directly as I can with tummy.com equipment.

Dual-Core MoBo+CPU+RAM:
=======================

Similar to this Photo: http://www.jafo.ca/ce/c-mobo.jpg

Here are some specs:

   MoBo: ASRock 890GX Extreme3

      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157188

   CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz 65W

      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103903
      These all were the "retail kit" or whatever, with included cooling
      solution.

   2GB RAM, various types but similar to:

      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134492

Note that these are just bare motherboards with the CPU and RAM.  There is
also one that has only 1GB RAM.

These are fairly high-end motherboards ($120) and seem to still be going
for $110+ on ebay.  I'm not interested in selling the motherboards
separately from the CPUs.  They all are known to work, though some of them
do have broken clips at the back of the PCI-Express slots (they are
extremely fragile on these motherboards, I can give specifics).

I figured I'd offer them locally before going to ebay or CraigsList.

I'm open to offers, but it looks like these components on ebay are going
for $145-$175.  I'm thinking $125 is a pretty good price.

I also have some like the above that have this motherboard:

   ASRock 880G EXTREME3

      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157191

which I'm thinking about $10 less for (similar class motherboard, but a
little less expensive).  I also have an ASRock 870 motherboard-based
collection, but I can't find the specs on it.

Three-Core System
=================

I have one complete system that is made of these components:

   MSI NF980-G65 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI HDMI

      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130236

   Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W Power Supply

      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182188

   Patriot G Series ‘Sector 5’ Edition 4GB DDR3 RAM

      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220436

   Athlon II X3 435 Rana 2.9GHz 3-core CPU

      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103920

   XCLIO Coolbox Advanced Fully Black case

      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811103021

I'm thinking about $265 for this bundle.  This is a very high end
motherboard ($160 last year).

Power Supplies
==============

I have a variety of power supplies, similar to:

   Antec TruePower New TP-750 750W 80+ Bronze

      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371025

These are fairly high efficiency power supplies (at least 82%, much better
than that at 50% utilization), with modular cable sets (you can plug in
only the cables you need, reducing cable clutter).

$100 last year, $85 on ebay, I'm thinking $70.

Video Cards
===========

Similar to this Photo: http://www.jafo.ca/ce/c-gpu.jpg

The cards are a variety of flavors, some with 6 mini ports (Eyefinity),
some with dual DVI ports, etc...  They are like:

   Radeon HD 5870

      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814103084
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102888
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121374
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125322

Many are 1GB, some are 2GB.  Looking on ebay, the lowest price for the 1GB
RAM version is $150, most are $175-$200.  2GB versions are running $230 on
ebay.  I'm thinking $140 for the 1GB and $220 for the 2GB versions.  These
have working fans, though I do have a few with bad fans that I need to
figure out what I'm going to do with.

As with most of the components, these come in original boxes with all
cables/etc in almost all cases.

Summary
=======

Yeah, as you can probably guess we were doing Bitcoin mining.  :-)