[NCLUG] New to NCLUG

Kerry Miller n0wiq at comcast.net
Sat Feb 11 06:40:02 MST 2012

Hi People,

I feel I need help alleviating some confusion I recently encountered.
A little history:
1.  I have been using Linux specifically RedHat Fedora Linux for
     several years.

2.  On one of my computers I have loaded:
     Fedora16-x86_64-LXDE spin.

3.  This computer had been running Fedora14-x86_64 with the
      GNOME desktop.

Now the confusion:
With all my computers running Fedora14 and a LAN in my
home I could open open a file manager and go to:
sftp://user@host using any computer and access any file on the remote
computer.  Now on the Fedora16-LXDE system I can open a file manager and
go to sftp://user@host to the other computers on my LAN but I cannot do
the same thing from the other computers to the Fedora16 computer.  What
got set up by GNOME 2 that isn't set up by the LXDE desk top?

--
Kerry N0WIQ
My web site URL is: