[NCLUG] html form to email cgi advice

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Feb 13 12:54:29 MST 2012

On 02/13/2012 10:14 AM, Shaun Meehan wrote:
> If you're willing to call a PHP script, the mail function is fantastic
> and well documented.

It's also frequently misunderstood and often implemented incorrectly.  :-)
Probably the #1 PHP problem I run into.

Using one of the "formmail" scripts is probably the best way to go to
prevent users from using your page for spamming others, etc...  I've used
the "Matt's Script Archive" one in the past, but I haven't used any of them
lately, I don't know what the state of the art is in it.  I'd recommend
looking in that direction before rolling your own though.