[NCLUG] nautilus 2

N0WIQ n0wiq at comcast.net
Mon Oct 8 04:27:21 MDT 2012

Hi People,

using nautilus on a ftp site is what I have been trying to do.  I have
been doing that with the Go > Location which displayed a bar to type in
the desired location of a file structure to browse with the file
manager.  What has changed is what you type into this input bar.

I used to type ftp://upload.comcast.net and be presented with a dialogue
to identify a user and pass word to log into the ftp site.

Now I type ftp://user@upload.comcast.net and a dialogue is displayed
prompting me for a pass word.

The first way looked normal but I couldn't browse up and down the file
structure.  The second entry method lets nautilus browse the file structure.

--
Kerry N0WIQ
My web site URL is: