[NCLUG] ZFS RAID-Z2 for /home on Ubuntu 12.04

Zak Smith zak at computer.org
Sat Aug 10 12:58:53 MDT 2013

Hi,

I have been using ZFS for five volumes on two different machines for
several months.  However, I did not migrate /home to it (wasn't in the
scope of my upgrades at that time).  This is on Debian 6.  ZFS will
automatically mount the volumes that have a mount point.

The versioning and checkpointing available with ZFS is very cool.  I
have noticed that filesystem response time (and response time of zfs
commands) is severely affected when a "zpool scrub" is active.

--
# Zak Smith    mobile 970-232-4468