[NCLUG] Download hangups

Bonnell Frost bfrost at skybeam.com
Sun Aug 18 14:59:12 MDT 2013

I am running Windows7 and Seamonkey  2.20, as well as Fedora 19. Fedora
19 works, with a strange problem.  When I am downloading a fairly large
update file using yum update, say
over 5 MB, it quits.  I get a string of messages that show declining
speed, actually no activity, for about 5 minutes.  Then it tries another
connection, which may or may
not work, for a few more MB.  I don't get all the detail when I am
downloading messages with Seamonkey and Fedora 19, but I get the same
sort of hangups.  It looks as if I can use
fast download for only limited amount of time--my connection with
Skybeam is 500 MBS.
Bonnell Frost