No subject

Tue Jun 4 12:25:35 MDT 2013

it can spread.  This is just inflamatory, and should be ignored.

Well, except for one thing.  The "Virtual Card for You" should be enough
to search on!  So, go to a legit virus organization (the letter suggests
McAfee, so lets go there!) and search:

http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=98893&

Well, what do you know!  An immediate hit!  Amazing!  I'm providing this
link for you.  Did you wonder why the original poster didn't? <sigh>
Research this stuff before you send it on.

> > According to news broadcast by CNN (www.cnn.com). This
> > VIRUS received by an employee of Microsoft itself. So don't
> > open any mails with subject "A Virtual Card for You." As

Once again, this is a reference to a supposed authority.  Big deal.
Ignore it.

> > soon
> > as you get the mail, delete it. Please pass on this mail to
> > > all
> > your friends.

Here's the sticker.  The payload, if you will.  This is the part that
makes this message more viral than any true virus.  Please.  Don't send
it on.  Don't send it to me, at least, or to my users.  Thanks.

> > Forward this to everyone in your address book. I would

What?  Just like the supposed viruses would do?!  Coincidence?!

> > rather receive this 25 times than not at all.
> > Also: Intel announced that a new and very destructive
> > virus was discovered recently. If you receive an email
> > called

INTEL DOESN'T DO VIRUSES EITHER!  Intel makes HARDWARE.  They could care
less what security nightmare OS you run on their hardware.

> > "An Internet Flower For You," do not open it. Delete it

Oh, you mean like this one:
http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=98604&

> > right
> > away!
> > It removes all dynamic link libraries(.dll files) from
> > your computer.
> > Your computer will not be able to boot up

More technical sounding language. Blah, blah, blah...

Okay, now all that said, here's a real warning:  There is a real virus,
called Hybris that sends you all those "Hahaha at sexyfun.net" messages.

http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=98873&

Its rather clever, and hides itself rather well.  Update your virus
scanner and check yourself for it.  If you don't want to get it, DON'T
CLICK ON ATTACHMENTS.  Wav files, mp3s, etc may be safe, but
screensavers and executables (Applications) should never be run.  Yeah,
you might miss out on the latest version of Frogapult, but then, if your
friend really wants you to see it, they would have sent you this link
instead:
http://www.nstorm.com/games/game.cfm?game_id=1  So you can get it
yourself, direct from the distributer, and be assured of getting a virus
free version.  Then, we never would have had to deal with this:
http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=10464&

Argh... don't send me these.  You make me waste my morning ranting... :)