[NCLUG] Need bare-bones VGA card

Steve Wolf stevewolf6 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 08:53:17 MST 2013

I just refreshed my server hardware to a Dell that contains an NVIDIA
Quadro FX 4000.  That thing puts out the heat!

I don't usually have a monitor connected to the server, and want the
box to be as quiet as possible (i.e. less fan noise).  So I just want
something to which I can connect a VGA monitor (text mode) on occasion
for maintenance.

All the stuff available on NewEgg appears to be gamer-centric: GeForce
this, GeForce that.  Is there a simple, inexpensive, low-power 800x600
VGA card still available somewhere, PCI or AGP?  I'll swap a Quadro FX
4000 for it. :-)

Regards,
Steve