[NCLUG] Screen Problem

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Wed May 22 19:51:27 MDT 2013

Hi Bonnel,

Bonnell Frost wrote:
> I am running Fedora on a machine with a large ACER screen, some
> frequently out of sight. When I get a timeout, I have trouble getting
> it restored w/o a reboot.

I have been trying to understand your problem.  Could you describe
your problem in more detail?  What is it that is out of sight?  What
are you doing when you get a timeout?  Please describe.  Start at the
beginning and give us the step by step.

I am guessing that you are running a web browser and when trying to do
something on the Internet the site (or the network between you and the
site) is timing out.  Eventually the web browser will display a
timeout error.  Yes?  No?

Bob