[NCLUG] VIM Talk

Brett Johnson brett at hp.com
Mon Sep 16 17:07:37 MDT 2013

On 09/16/2013 03:19 PM, Jesse Griffin wrote:
> I believe you can do this with Profiles in gnome-terminal.  You can also do it
> with Profiles in terminator (Preferences > Profiles > Command > "Run a custom
> command instead of my shell").

Hmm, I don't see how to do this with profiles.  I see that gnome-terminal has the
"--tab-with-profile" option, which seems like it would be just the ticket, but it opens a
new window with every invocation.  I.e. if I create a new "testing" profile, then run:

    gnome-terminal --tab-with-profile=testing -e "ssh foo at bar.com"

I get a new window, using the "testing" profile.  If I run it again, rather than a new tab
in that window as I'd expect, I get another window, identical to the previous one.  If I
pass two "--tab-with-profile" and two "-e" arguments, I get two tabs in the same window,
but I can't figure out how to open a new tab in an existing window from the command line.

--
Brett Johnson <brett at hp.com>
"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."