[NCLUG] Upcoming Loveland CreatorSpace events

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Mon Jan 20 09:40:50 MST 2014

Loveland CreatorSpace are running a couple of classes this week. Below
are the details and the meetup.com sign-up links.

1)

Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Developing the CryptoCape
http://www.meetup.com/Loveland-CO-CreatorSpace/events/159107502/

In this class Josh Datko will discuss building BeagleBone Capes, his
recent hacker-in-residence experience at Sparkfun, and progress on the
CryptoCape.

2)

Digital logic: Build Your Own Logic Gate From Scratch.
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
http://www.meetup.com/Loveland-CO-CreatorSpace/events/159106932/

We'll cover the basics of digital logic; how do digital circuits
represent data, some of the simple operations can you perform on the
data, and how logic gates are constructed from transistors.

Next, we'll actually build a logic gate on a breadboard. We'll start out
with a NOT gate, and perhaps make some others as a stretch goal, or a
follow-up course.

The theoretical parts won't be too onerous or heavy (although I'll
happily take questions); they're mainly a brief introduction to the
topic, so people can understand the the practical part of the lab.