[NCLUG] Modules not loading

Brent Wilkins brent at wilkins.in
Mon Sep 15 11:28:21 MDT 2014

QH,

That seems to have helped.  Your first step up updating to the latest image
brought me from 3.13.0-24-generic to 3.13.0-35-generic.  I suspect that was
only the fix by side effect if anything.  Running update-grub2 added the
new, 5th kernel image to my boot options.

Updating the initramfs only updated my newest kernel:

> $ sudo update-initramfs -u
> update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.17.0-rc4-next-20140909
> Warning: No support for locale: en_US.utf8

So, I'm not sure what may have done the trick, but I've now booted into the
current 3.13.0-35-generic kernel 2 times with working audio and wireless!
 Thanks.

- Brent