[NCLUG] power button & lid actoins in Debian Jessie.

John Gilmore j.arthur.gilmore at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 18:31:08 MDT 2014

So closing the lid suspends, that's fine - except it does it when the
computer IS IN THE PROCESS of hibernating. Not good. Usually
hibernates, and the suspends on restore.

the gnome-tweak-tool claims that my current setting on closing the lid
is "hibernate"

Using gnome3 failsafe or whatever it does when even it realizes the
hardware doesn't support much eye-candy.

As far as I can tell, neither /etc/acpi/sleep-suspend.sh nor
/etc/acpi/powerbtn-acpi-suport.sh is getting called.

uncommenting the lines about powerbutton and sleepbutton actions in
/etc/systemd/login.sh had no effect, even after SIGHUP to systemd.
(SIGUSR2 did cause it to dump it's configuration to the log though.
Maybe I could attach that, but it's kinda long.

I'm out of ideas, and apparently so is google. Suggestions? (besides
whack the gnome idjits upside the head for removing all configuration
options....)

Not attaching systemd's config dump, it's 22K lines long...

It's stupid that I have to use the command line tools and type in my
password to suspend/hibernate