[NCLUG] Hosting a BeagleBone Tor Relay

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 10:01:43 MST 2015

Yeah, just adding my experience. I did mail the Rpi there. I got in on the
"free Rpi hosting!" deal that one of the isp's over there did a couple
years ago.

I don't think it's bandwidth that has limited the utilization of your node
on Comcast. I have my node there rate limited to 200k sustained / 400k
burst (though it does have a 100Mb raw link) , and after a couple weeks of
ramp-up it was consistently moving multiple GB of data per day.

Also, fwiw, I use usb ethernet adpaters on build-farm computers at work and
the ones I have seem to work fine. They are certainly more reliable than
the onboard ones (in Mac Mini's) that would mysteriously just stop working
after a couple weeks of uptime.

QH