[NCLUG] Hosting a BeagleBone Tor Relay

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 10:14:34 MST 2015

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Josh Datko <jbdatko at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I don't think it's bandwidth that has limited the utilization of your
> node
> > on Comcast. I have my node there rate limited to 200k sustained / 400k
> > burst (though it does have a 100Mb raw link) , and after a couple weeks
> of
> > ramp-up it was consistently moving multiple GB of data per day.
> >
> So, I should be more clear. I mean that on comcast, with a 10MBps
> uplink, my relay was fully using all 10MB up *constantly*. The
> BeagleBone was fine, but I want to push the hardware to it's limit. Fort
> Collins approved muni-fiber, but I'd rather not wait for that...

Gotcha. I hadn't heard about Ft. Co's muni-fiber project. I'll have to look
into that. Be interesting to see how the process compares to that in
Oregon. I was involved in some K-12 edu and higher-ed fiber buildouts of
various scape when I was out there and the politics involved were
laughable. At least, they would have been laughable if they weren't so
sad...

To your core query though, I sadly I do not have access to a higher BW
connection that I can share right now. Hopefully someone jumps in, I'd be
interested to see the results!

QH