[NCLUG] PyCon discussion

Bill Cthulhu degutan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 09:29:01 MDT 2016

Hi all,

I thought I'd talk about pycon at the next nclug meeting.   Here's my list
of talks:

== python talks worth watching ==
QuickCheck for Python
slides:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1IF3DHYTz2b8gazUaZLF4QhSMBc6xHVIGbS_08pdl2EM/mobilepresent?pli=1&slide=id.p

source website: http://hypothesis.works/
talk video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvwfDdgg93E

== Django for the realtime web  (learning to use python websockets) ==
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sEPipctTxw

== Refactoring Python ==
Managing a changing api, provide warnings for deprecated functionality
(Seems like he's trying to sell his book: _Effective Python_
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d46PjvFki38

== Machette Mode ==
Doing crazy things to debug a problem (Ned Batchelder)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XvAVgcbmdY

== Gilectomy ==
Removing the GIL, and the choices & consequences thereof (Larry Hastings)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3AyI_u66Bw

== Power Debugger (Smiley) ==
Talking thru the process of building a tool.. false leads, dead ends..
(Doug Hellmann)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8kF9tuYZ6s

== Framework for communication ==
(Lorena Barba)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckW1xuGVpug

There's was also this keynote guy that played the electric bassoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSfe5M_zG2s

See you next month,

-Bill