[NCLUG] help w. laptop, fedora, gnome + external monitor settings

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Dec 1 16:11:52 MST 2019

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 02:21:30PM -0500, Gabriel L. Somlo wrote:

> 	1. there was some other (RPM) package taking care of this that
> 	"Workstation" installs, that wasn't part of @gnome-desktop,
> 	that I missed when I did my custom install

I wouldn't think so. It should be handled by mutter and gnome-settings I
would think and both those are definitely in the group.

You could try a 'dnf group install workstation-product-environment' and
get everything that is on the live media, but that might pull in things
you don't want.

> 	2. there's a setting I accidentally knocked out of place while
> 	doing other customizations, that isn't obvious or easy to find
> 	under "Settings"...

Possible. You can pull up 'tweaks' and click the little menu and select
'reset to defaults' to go back to completely default settings. Before
that though, you might want to make a new user and see if it happens
under that user account as well? That would at least isolate it to the
install or settings in the account perhaps.

kevin