[NCLUG] Open Source Hardware

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Sun Jul 12 15:28:22 MDT 2020

Brian Sturgill wrote:
> It looks like we're on the verge of a new level of open source revolution.
> I don't feel I understand this stuff enough.
> If anybody does understand this stuff, I'd love to know more.
>
> https://www.cnx-software.com/2020/07/07/design-an-open-source-soc-with-google-skywater-pdk-get-it-manufactured-for-free/

Pretty cool stuff!  So what you are going to design with it?  :-)

I am looking forward to the day when I can carry a RISC-V based laptop
as an every day use machine.  For me something as a general purpose
portable is something I want.

But also recognize this could revolutionize IoT designs.  Everything
from doorbell cameras to C&C controllers.  It's a new born baby.  No
one really knows what it might grow up to become.

Bob