PSA: Google Gmail is rate limiting again

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Tue Jun 14 10:20:41 MDT 2022

Hello All Except for Gmail Users I guess,

This is just a PSA about administrivia stuff that happens behind the
scenes and usually is not visible...

Google has been twiddling their anti-spam controls again.  And it is
causing problems with delivery of NCLUG mailing list messages to Gmail
recipients.  If you are not using Gmail then you are receiving mailing
list messages normally.  However Google is rate limiting messages to
Gmail recipients.  Our Gmail subscribers are only seeing some of the
messages and not seeing all of them.  I see the issue when I look at
the mail queue.  Here is an example.  I'll format it to make it more
readable.

    BCCA4EA4      21692 Mon Jun 13 18:01:46  nclug-bounces at nclug.org