Tuesday April 11th, 2023 NCLUG Meeting

Tom Propst tom.propst at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 04:04:57 UTC 2023

I use this alias on all my development machines to give a graph view of git
branches similar to `tig --all`. You can replace all the options after
`--graph` with `--all` to see everything.

alias gl='git log --oneline --graph \
           --tags \

 --remotes={"origin/tom/*","origin/develop*","origin/main*","origin/master*"}
\
           --branches={"tom/*","develop*","main*","master*"}'

My branches are typically prefixed `tom/`. This shows my branches in
relation to the organization's primary branches.