question on mail clients

David E. Auter david.auter at ca-quartercircle.com
Fri Mar 17 18:05:21 UTC 2023

Have you checked out the Mozilla support page for thunderbird and gmail?
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-gmail

Google no longer supports "less secure apps" for gmail, and this means
that use of OAuth is required. The support page mentioned about talks
about updating your gmail account to use OAuth if it's not done
automatically.

I've seen blogs on this issue with some people indicating success,
others still having trouble. So you may need to do some additional
searches for tips provided by those that have done it (if no one on the
nclug mailing list has any for you.)