question on mail clients

Alex Wilson alex.david.wilson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 20:32:30 UTC 2023

On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 1:13 PM Phil Marsh <microcraftx at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have OAuth set in my Thunderbird. I checked my password and the server and they are correct. Still cannot authenticate when sending emails from Thunderbird. Thanks

I haven't used Thunderbird in a while, but when I did have it set up
with gmail I was using "App Passwords" and that seemed to work no
problem. Just had to find the Google Security page to generate it
first... That said, I'm not sure how it works now and I've seen
mention that they no longer recommend using the app passwords, but I
don't know if that means they'll retire them at some point.

https://myaccount.google.com/apppasswords