[NCLUG] Fighting TigerMP

Bill Thorson thorson at aster.com
Wed Nov 14 11:32:40 MST 2001

> I've been battling  trying to get my new TigerMP (S2460) Motherboard to
>  work, and it won't even POST.  I've sent back the board/memory, and
> still  no luck.  I've begun to wonder if it's my 300w power supply.
> I've decided  to get a 430w power supply, but the computer shows in
> Cheyenne suck, so  I'll be heading up to Ft. Collins to get a new PS.
> That being said, is  there a good parts supplier in Ft. Collins? ;)  If
> anyone can give me some  pointers as to where to go, I'd appreciate it.

I have a TigerMP running with a 300w power supply.  I've actually
put AthlonMP 1.2ghz and Athlon 1.4ghz (non-mp) processors in it to
see how they work.  I've been so happy with it i've order 18 more
for my new cluster.

Are you using proper RAM?  It requires PC2100 Registered/ECC RAM.
Did you for sure get the registered RAM?  Also, I don't think this
is the problem but it does state that the power supply needs to
be 300 watt with a minimum 30A on +5V and 3A on 3.3V.  Many of
the 300 watt'ers don't have this.