[NCLUG] Moving exported window / ATX PS

Jeff Moe jeff at themoes.org
Tue Oct 16 11:24:47 MDT 2001

Q#1. Let's say you log in via `ssh -X` to a remote box that is running
X-windows. You run `gimp` or whatever and the display gets sent back to the
local box. How do you, without closing the application, then switch it to
display on the remote host? I know if I set DISPLAY=0:0 /before/ I ran the
application, I could get it to display on the remote box. But what if I want
to switch on the fly?

Q#2. Has anyone ever seen/built an ATX powersupply that can drive multiple
motheboards? I'm picturing 8 or so rack-mounted motherboards with one larger
power supply. Anyone seen a rack that can mount motherboards alone (no hd)?
Here I'm picturing something that looks more like a bunch of cards/blades
(motherboards) plugging into a backplane, but without the backplane. It would
be higher density than doing 1U per node.

Thanks for any info!

-Jeff