[NCLUG] Verisign are morons...

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Tue Aug 6 15:19:13 MDT 2002

I just wanted to take this opportunity to reiterate how much Verisign
sucks, and to send a big Thank You out to the people who suggested
alternate registrars...

Can the network admins in the group tell me what is wrong with this
message?  I'm not on crack, am I?  The original message came from their
WHOIS interface on their web page.  I attached a note and sent it to
them.  They sent the final one back...  I swear, they're gonna send me
into a coronary...

-=-=-=-

>  > If you feel that you have received this message in error, please
>  > contact us at 1-888-642-9675, (703)-742-0914, or via e-mail at
>  > whoisquery at networksolutions.com
>  >
>  > Your IP address is 10.224.48.128.
>
> That is a 10-net address, which is likely from your internal networks
> (possible a load balancer or cache).  It certainly isn't from our
> network, it isn't routable.  I think you should correct this problem,
> and furthermore, reconsider your restrictions in general.

The IP address that was displayed in the error message that
you received is the IP address of the site that you were using
to access our WHOIS information from.