[NCLUG] Re: NCLUG digest, Vol 1 #714 - 4 msgs

DJ Eshelman dj at sgc-inc.net
Thu Aug 29 12:41:27 MDT 2002

Thus Spake Andrew:

> I can use 2 TB LUN's on a kernel running 2.4.17 running XFS. I
believe
> it should work on all 2.4.x kernels.  What is failing?  Partitioning
> the drive,
putting a file-system on it?  What does /proc/partitions
> say?
>
> Andrew

Well,
it's a long series of stuff- basically right now I can't tell you exactly what it says because
I've moved on.

I will tell you that it was identifiying that there was something there (in
/proc/partitions ), but when we tried fdisking it, it would fail.  When I split the 1.6TB into
two 800GB partitions, everything was peachy.

I'm very curious to know what it is you're
running with 2TB (what hardware, etc).  We're obviously going to have to go with either XFS or
riserFS- I may be scaling this up to 3TB total storage- so I'm curious what hardware you're
using.  Red Hat's people told me that this version of the Kernel (2.4.9-e.8) only supported
blockdevices up to 1TB- so did you patch the Kernel to do this, or what?
I have a final meeting
with the powers that be tomorrow morning- any further input would be greatly
appreciated!

thanks,

-DJ