[NCLUG] Cheap NIC?

Rich Young rich at RepublicOfTech.com
Mon Jan 14 15:28:52 MST 2002

Hey, folks-
	I'm looking at a network card on Cyberguys (http://www.cyberguys.com; I'd
give you a
direct link, but I can't tell wheat from chaff in the URL; it's product #
2020120 in
their catalog) that sells for $13.83, does what I need (PCI 10/100), and
includes an SCO
Unix driver.  The questions: does this sound too good to be true?  And is
KRUD likely to
recognize this card on installation?
	If it's likely to be a complex install, I might be disinclined to purchase,
as I'm
trying to make my linux box as simple as possible in hopes that at some
point I'll cross
the threshold where I can actually use it effectively.  I've successfully
done things as
complex as compiling the tulip driver into the kernel on another (RH)
machine, but that
was only by grace of some really clear instructions; I am much more user
than admin on
*nix machines.

--Rich Young
   rich at RepublicOfTech.com