[NCLUG] ISDN hardware and configuration

dobbster dobbster at dobbster.com
Fri Jun 14 20:28:17 MDT 2002

Hi folks,

I've never touched ISDN in my life, and I know virtually nothing about
it.  Apparently I have to learn, fast.  Do any of you have suggestions
for cheap, reliable hardware?  We were thinking of just buying
something from eBay.

Also, can I get by setting everything up just by reading the HOWTO?
(I haven't read it yet.)

I believe that this will be done through Qwest and FRII, 128/128.
It's the only upgrade option available in the location we're going to
be setting up at.  Right now, there are four computers on an IP
masqueraded network running through a modem that won't go above 33kbps
as a result of poor semi-rural phone lines.  It's a bit slow. :-)

Thanks!

Mark A. Story
dobbster at dobbster.com